Delivery of a structured approach to manage project actual, budget and forecast costs in order to effectively capture project status and support project execution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support / input to the development of the Project Control Planning (e.g. WBS) / formulating the Project Financial Baseline.
- Accountable for day-to-day collection of all project cost / financial information.
- Generating and reporting project financial data including spend profiles, budgeted and earned values, forecasts, completion costs etc.
- Responsible for the execution of cost management process.
- Input or update budget information, expenditure information, and forecasts into the cost reporting system(s).
- Responsible for collation, management and analysis of all project cost and revenue variances.
- Assist the Project with client invoices for progress payments, final payments, and release of retentions.
- Prepare / collate inputs into the weekly and monthly reporting on cost flow forecast, revenue flow forecast and cost value reporting.
- Involvement in the development of Bottom Up Forecasts
- Provide project financial data to project team meetings
- Assist in assigning personnel to the project in-line with WBS.
- Prepare and assist the Project(s) in the preparation of Change Control estimates/evaluations.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and other Project related personnel to ensure that all costs are accounted for.
- Assistance in raising Contractual Change Control documentation including variation, Early Warning and Compensation Event Notices.
- Monitor contingency usage in-line with risk trigger / retirement dates and mitigation strategies / activities.
- Assistance in cost/revenue elements of contract close-out / account settlements and closure review meetings.
Key Skills and Competences:
- 2+ years of Cost Planning experience in a Project delivery environment is required.
- Earned Value Management experience
- Numerate and competent with financial concepts, cost tracking and reporting.
- Highly orderly, methodical and process driven.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good general office computer skills.
- Minimum of five GCSEs.
- UK driving licence.