James Fisher Defence are seeking a Commercial officer to join the busy Commercial function based in Inchinnan.
To support the JFD Commercial function in the management of commercial tasks, ensuring that JFD’s commercial position is optimised in the delivery of key projects and services and that the exposure of the global JFD business to commercial risk is properly assessed and controlled.
The Commercial Officer will be responsible and accountable for effective management of the JFD Commercial function including:
- Daily commercial support to a large and diverse global organisation, delivering major equipment projects and long-term critical services to government (Defence) customers and commercial customers (Oil & Gas, Shipbuilding)
- Building relationships and networks, internally and externally, to ensure commercial risks and opportunities identified and JFD’s commercial position is maximised.
- On-going management of commercial issues across a wide range of contracts
- Identifying and proposing mitigations on key commercial risks in all customer and supplier contracts
- Providing commercial advice to Project Managers
- Supporting the company’s internal systems including processes and procedures for maximising commercial opportunities and minimising business exposure to commercial risk
- Delivering commercial training to key stakeholders
- Supporting the Commercial Manager with developing and implementing commercial strategy
- Leading efforts to drive commercial initiatives as above throughout JFD’s overseas businesses
- Commercially astute
- Delivering results
- Customer focused
- Building relationships and networks
- Effective communication
Skills and experience
- Commercially astute with solid grounding in a project based environments managing multiple commercial issues across high value, high risk projects and services dealing with multiple customers and suppliers.
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers in the following sectors would be a distinct advantage: Defence/Government Procurement, Oil & Gas, Shipbuilding, Major Projects
- Robust personality and ability to build solid, lasting relationships internally and externally
- Focused on maximising the company’s position and supporting its commercial objectives
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of complex contracts and commercial principles in relation to the delivery of major projects and services
- Capable of working independently and as part of a well-knit team in a sometimes highly pressurised environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both orally and the written word
- Must be highly self-motivated and capable of using own initiative where required
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work as part of a dynamic team, assisting other team members where necessary
- At ease dealing directly with colleagues, senior management, customers and suppliers