Project and programme management
March 3, 2017
- To optimise sales efforts for Prolec through the development and implementation of appropriate internal sales processes / resources covering enquiry receipt to installation and commissioning.
- To establish detailed revenue and profit forecasting and production planning with support from Sales, Production and Engineering.
- To enhance Prolec’s commercial position through identification of increased margin / value creation opportunities
- To ensure that Prolec’s interests are best served in commercial agreements formed with third parties
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing and implementation of enquiry, quotation and sign off processes
- Development of appropriate pricing tools including price setting for new opportunities and standard products.
- Simplification of product range / categories and price setting based on market situation
- Management, tracking and reporting of outstanding opportunities and quotations
- Robust forecasting of sales revenue and net profit forecasts to support management review
- Develop effective relationships between sales, engineering production and services
- Focussing of direct sales effort on value creating opportunities
- Optimisation of product pricing including overhead recovery for bespoke products
- Propose and implement redefined terms and conditions and distributor agreements
- Control validity, warranty and currency exposure of quotations
- Support development of relationships with distributors in conjunction with Distributor Manager
- Liaison with group credit control to ensure that outstanding invoices are collected promptly and that appropriate credit limits / insurances are in place where necessary
- Develop (online) configuration tools including existing machine data to simplify the inquiry and ordering process
- Establish ERP business requirements and develop appropriate strategies
- Support re-establishment of direct OEM relationships
- Ad-hoc support to other business projects within Prolec and other group companies as may be directed from time to time.
- Ensure that all orders are fully closed out post delivery and installation to include an ‘after-sales’ response, customer feedback process and reporting of metrics to management on a regular basis.
Direct Reports / Team
The role requires extensive interfacing and collaboration with internal functions and external customers / distributors.
- Customer focused
- Effective communicator and ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Influencing skill
- High level of business acumen: ability to identify pricing / margin enhancing opportunities
- Developed written and presentational skill
- Results orientated – understands the link between revenue, margin, overheads and profit
- Ability to navigate and review commercial agreements (contracts, terms and conditions etc.)
- Financial acumen – understands and can critique balance sheets, P&L, cash flow forecasts etc.
- Degree in business / finance / strategy or equivalent vocational experience
- Foreign languages an advantage
- Financial experience (business case preparation / evaluation)