Business Development Manager
Take the lead to develop new business by undertaking strategic customer visits to bring on new customers as well as developing existing customer accounts, developing and managing the agent network and proactively identifying opportunities by following projects. Take qualified leads from the internal sales team and follow up to develop relationship. Take responsibility for closing order once quoted. Take ownership for customer relationships ensuring the customer experiences quality service from us at all times.
- Proactively seek out opportunities for potential work by identifying new target customers, new target regions and new target projects as appropriate and prioritise opportunities to ensure we are focusing effort for the best return.
- Work with the internal sales team and provide them with potential opportunities / customers / sectors for them to find appropriate contacts and qualify potential. BD Manager to follow up on high potential with a visit and take ownership of relationship development.
- Proactively call and visit potential new and existing customers as appropriate
- Work proactively with internal sales team to monitor progress of low potential customers to ensure a coordinated approach between external and internal sales
- Build up annual proactive visit plans with key target customers, visit objectives and actions.
- Drive actions to overcome any obstacles to securing business and close orders
- Once an enquiry is received, coordinate with the sales support team as appropriate to enable them to develop the solution and produce a quotation.
- BD Manager is responsible for the relationship and ensuring order is closed.
- Take stock of the existing agent network for region and product lines of responsibility, develop and agent strategy to develop the agent network, ensure all agents are managed and driven to achieve through regular discussions, action plan setting and monitoring and reviews.
- Ensure any underperforming agents are managed as necessary to improve their performance and find new agents where appropriate.
- Coordinate with the other BD managers to ensure a coordinated approach to customers and territories.
- Seek out opportunities to develop the business through potential product development, potential new geographical markets, potential new market sectors and qualify potential to assist the business to prioritise opportunities.
- Assist the marketing team by highlighting opportunities for targeted marketing effort to drive enquiries and assist with production of marketing collateral as appropriate to guide key sales messages.
- Proactively seek out and report back market intelligence in relation to competitors, changes in the market etc.
- Work with the sales support team to provide forecasting information including potential orders with expected chance of securing (go-get factor), expected order award dates etc.
- Undertake any reasonable duties specified by the Management Team when required.
- Technical/ engineering understanding
- IT Literate – Word, Excel, Sage, CRM
Behaviors and Values:
- Highly organised
- Attention to detail
- Customer orientated
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to overcome obstacles to close orders
- Ability to tenaciously pursue customers to find the right contact and develop enquiries
- Driven by closing orders
- Ability to think strategically to define sales plan
- Willingness to work out of hours as necessary in order to support customers working in global time zones
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Must be a team player
- Willing to learn and develop knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of load monitoring equipment or a background in an engineering / technical company would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven ability to establish new customers and develop existing client accounts
- Driving licence and ability to travel away from home upto 50% of the time
- Proven negotiation and closing skills