Assistant Project Manager - System Level Integration
JFD Ltd. is one of the world’s leading subsea operations and engineering companies, providing complex diving and underwater systems to the commercial and defence industries. Operating in more than 80 countries worldwide, the company is the world’s leading provider of Submarine Escape and Rescue Capability and an established provider of submarine escape training. The company is at the forefront of Hyperbaric Rescue, along with being the leading supplier of commercial diving equipment and saturation diving systems to the commercial industry.
In order to sustain the continued growth of this dynamic organisation, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to support the Design and Manufacture phase towards delivery of a new submarine rescue capability for an international client.
Working as part of the Project Management Team, this role is primarily focused on supporting the Project Manager for System Level Integration towards delivery across a range of contractual deliverables, including system documentation, spares assessment and provisioning and preparing the system for transition into the 25 year service contract.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Project Manager – System Level Integration, key responsibilities include:
- Support the planning and execution of System Level Integration activities, through delivery to schedule, within budget and in accordance with customer requirements; as defined in the Contract.
- Working with exiting project managers and engineers in order to prepare/collate documentation deliverables inclusive of operator manuals, design specifications, technical manuals and spares lists,
- Working with existing engineers and operational staff to define spares requirements and assist in provisioning of said spares
- Working with existing engineers and operational staff in order to put in place planned maintenance system and support input of the necessary maintenance data
- Support other system integration activities as delegated.
- Work with the Engineering and HSEQ Department (as necessary) to ensure compliance with all Quality, Safety and Environmental and policies, processes and procedures.
- Accurately communicate project status and performance to key internal and external stakeholders, in accordance with approved reporting processes.
- Assign and manage tasks to vendors, engineering, production and support departments.
- Identify, actively manage risks and opportunities.
- Manage project constraints / conflicts (e.g resource, schedule demands)
- Manage change control and contract variations
- Report performance on a weekly and monthly basis as required to Line Management.
- Support wider project delivery tasks as reasonably directed.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an project management role
- Experience in dealing with complex fast-pace cross-functional projects in an engineering / manufacturing / defence or related field
- Experience of managing underwater/defence related projects
- At ease dealing directly with customers and sub-contractors
- Demonstrate sound commercial awareness on a project and subcontractor level
- Skilled user of full Microsoft Office suite
- Familiar with international Quality and Safety standards
- Be flexible and available to travel worldwide in support of project activities (if required)
Required Skills and Competencies
- Reasoning and problem solving skills – with ability to think laterally
- Good communication skills – articulate and good presenter
- Attention to Detail
- Good team player - able to work with a range of personalities to achieve positive outcomes
- Has the ability to multi-task and delivering to tight deadlines and specifications
- Organised, self-motivated and confident in using own initiative.
- Comfortable with maintaining and controlling project documentation, costs and procedures
- Has the desire, drive and flexibility to successfully deliver within a challenging environment
- Demonstrate sound planning techniques and process
- Capable of reacting to changes and willing to go the extra mile to deliver quality products
- An appropriate Engineering / Technical or Project Management degree or time served trade background