Accounts Payable Clerk
Fulfil the company’s Accounts Payable function ensuring all purchase invoices are accurately recorded and payments comply with internal policies and processes.
- Daily processing of supplier invoices and matching to purchase orders in conformance with company policy and processes.
- Assisting with preparation of supplier payment runs
- Responding to internal and external queries on invoices and payments in a timely manner
- Preparing regular supplier reconciliations and contacting supplier to resolve any invoicing or payment issues.
- Creating bank payments and ensuring traceability of bank details for each payment
- Provide guidance and support to the Accounts Assistant
- Processing Credit Card Returns, cash expense claims and petty cash expenses
- Filing and scanning financial documents for archiving
- Supporting the Accounts Receivable function as and when required
- Liaise with internal procurement function to resolve discrepancies between purchase order and purchase invoices
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your line manager
- Attention to Detail
- Team Player
Knowledge, skills and experiences
- At least 3 years’ experience in an accounts payable role.
- Strong transactional finance background with experience of dealing with foreign currency transactions Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good team player and willing to offer support to others
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office especially Excel
Critical success measures
- Accurate recording of invoices
- Good supplier relations
- Timely processing to meet SLA’s