Realise your potential.
At James Fisher, we want to help you achieve your best. We recognise that interviews can be daunting but by preparing in advance and following the tips outlined below you can make a great first impression.
Remember the interview is a two-way process so ask questions to understand if the role and company are right for you.
- Familiarise yourself with the company
- Understand the job role and be able to demonstrate the required competencies
- Bring along relevant supporting documents (eg. evidence of qualifications, portfolio, CV)
- Finalise location and appointment details to ensure you are punctual
- Dress in appropriate, professional business wear
On the day:
- Listen carefully to all questions and take time to consider your responses
- Use specific examples to demonstrate your skills and experience
- Maintain eye contact with your interviewer/s
- Be yourself!
Please note that depending on the role you are applying for you may also be required to deliver a presentation or undertake a practical or psychometric test as part of the application process. Guidance will be provided in advance if this is a requirement.
Our aim is to provide a consistent process for all applicants. To ensure we do so, and as part of our commitment to continually review our interview process and employee training, we may ask for feedback on your interview experience.